Allow Me To Reintroduce Myself
If you follow me on any of my social media platforms you may already know a few things about me, what I like to do, and who I am. Social media can be a great way to learn about a person’s life, but one thing that I love about writing on my blog is that I can be more vulnerable, personal, and open. So whether you’re new to my blog or you just want to know a little more about me, here’s a list of fun facts that will open you up in the world of Maleah!
1. California born– I was originally born in California, specifically the bay area. I moved to Georgia when I was 13, and let me say, it was definitely a big adjustment. All my immediate and extended family is from California, so we never knew anything different. But, overtime I fell in love with Atlanta, especially when I started going to college. It’s definitely become home.
2. I have one sister- My sisters name is Maya, she’s 12 years old, so we’re just about 10 years apart. Because we’re so far apart in age I grew up pretty much feeling like an only child. But I’m so grateful, because now that she’s getting older we’re getting closer and closer! Our relationship is so funny because we’re complete opposites, but that’s why I love her so much. She never ceases to surprise me with her wit and smart comments.
3. French fries and bread are my weakness- I’m pretty disciplined when it comes to food, HOWEVER, if there’s bread (with olive oil) or french fries in front of me, it’s pretty hard for me to resist.
4. I’m a full-time student– I can’t wait until I don’t have to say I’m a student anymore. I’M SO CLOSE. I’m a business major at Georgia State University, and I’m so happy to say I’ll be graduating this December. SO EXCITED!
5. I’m black– Lol, okay this may be an obvious fact for some, but people ask me what I am ALL THE TIME. My mom is half black and half white, and my dad is black. I believe my moms white side of the family is Irish, but I identify as black. Some people have asked me if I’m part Asian, Puerto Rican, and many other ethnicities.
6. I’m a believer– Yes, ya girl LOVES Jesus. I spend a lot of my time at church, studying the word, and growing my relationship with God. It’s the most important part of my life, and hands down the best decision I’ve ever made.
7. Relationship status: TAKEN– I keep my relationship life pretty private, but just about four years ago I met my current boyfriend, Carrington. We met at Georgia State freshman orientation, and shortly after that we started dating. He’s my ride or die, best friend, and so much more. He’s sweet, funny, extremely talented, SUPER cute, loves Jesus, and is from Kansas. *Get you a mid-western boy.
8. Us Flaggs are RARE– I can guarantee that you will never meet another person with the last name Flaggs, spelled the same way. It’s an incredibly rare last name, with almost no information about it online. I think that’s why I love my first and last name so much, you will NEVER meet another Maleah Flaggs. And, if you do meet another Flaggs, I promise you, I’m related to them in some way.
9. Cooking is my therapy– I may not ALWAYS be in the mood to cook. But I truly do love being in my kitchen. If I’m not in the best mood, cooking or baking can always put me in a better mood. People can’t believe when I tell them that I can spend 4 hours in the kitchen AND truly enjoy it.
10. And of course, I’m plant-based– I’m sure all of you know, because that’s what my blog is all about. I stopped eating meat June 2017, and slowly cut out dairy. It’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. And no, I don’t miss eating meat.